Management Essay: Reflective Essay Writing
This assignment requires you to reflect on the experiential learning that you have been immersed in throughout the unit and write a reflective essay. You can either reflect on your experience in this placement unit overall or, you can focus on specific events/situations.
Reflective writing relates to providing the reader with your personal thoughts, belief, values, assumptions and attitudes about an understanding of a topic, a problem, a situation or an experience.
Reflective writing can be assisted with some guiding questions:
- What happened during that event/experience and why?
- What was my role in the event/experience? And why did I adopt that particular role?
- What were my feelings during that experience and what could explain why I felt this way?
- What were my thoughts during that experience and what could explain why I had these thoughts?
- How do I interpret what I experienced/observed?
- What might this experience (or the undertaking of the unit) mean in the context of my course, my
professional and ethical practice and, my career pathway?
- What other perspectives, theories or concepts could be applied to interpret the experience?
- How can I learn from this experience?